MONASTERY OF ST. APOSTLE ANDREW
The monastery was founded during the Byzantine era. In the nunnery are kept the Holy remains of the right foot (sole) of Apostle Andrew. The sole brings on it the ordinary flesh of the Saint while it is visible the hole from the crucifixion of the Saint.
The monastery operates as a nunnery. There is also the admirable Ecclesiastical Museum that one can visit.It was founded in 1988 and is located in the old Katholikon of the nunnery which is the only building of the nunnery preserved from the disastrous earthquake in 1953.